Orange-pink lesbian sunset flag designed by Emily Gwen in 2018.
Since 1999, many lesbian pride flag designs have been proposed and used throughout the world. With no one specific flag design accepted by the greater lesbian community as the official lesbian flag, USA organisation TriPride, published a list of popular lesbian flag stripe designs and declared the seven stripes orange-pink lesbian sunset flag to be the ''official'' lesbian pride flag.
The lesbian sunset flag is also known as the lesbian pride flag or lesbian awareness flag and is made up of 7 bands of orange and pink shades with a white center band. The flag has also been designed to represent the Transwomen worldwide community.
The lesbian flag consists of seven coloured horizontal bands (from top to bottom): Dark orange, Orange, Light orange, White, Pink, Dusty pink, and Dark rose.
The lesbian Sunset flag colours represents:
- Dark orange band represents gender non-conformity.
- Orange band represents independence.
- Light band orange represents community.
- White band represents unique relationships to womanhood.
- Pink band represents serenity and peace.
- Dusty pink band represents love and sex.
- Dark rose band represents femininity.
The lesbian sunset flag is a printed 7 banded flag made from superknit polyester, is approximately 900mm wide x 1500mm long and features dual metal eyelets and double stitching along all edges.
This flag was added to our catalog on Friday 18 June, 2021.